Saturday, January 15, 2011

Evergreen Aviation and Space

My folks came to visit today and we finally got around to going to see the Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum where the Spruce Goose resides.  That plane is absolutely mind numbing.  Every time I looked up and saw it my mind just said "wha...?"  It's just incomprehensible that that thing could actually fly.  Also pretty amazing that they even bothered to build it when it never got used, apparently the one and only flight it did make was just to show it could and not actually for any purpose.

I found the space side of things more interesting than the aviation but Jason seemed to really enjoy both.  But even for the space stuff, it was the information with the displays that I found interesting, I really didn't care that much about seeing the actual rockets and shuttles and stuff.  I'm just not much of a museum person, I'd much rather read a good book on a topic.  The trip did raise my interest and my grandpa told me he bought a book on the Spruce Goose's creator when he came to the museum so I am looking forward to reading that.  Who knows where that will lead?

I won't be going back anytime soon, as in, not until Peter actually cares enough to ask me to go (even then, I'd prolly send him with his poppa) but I had a lot of fun spending the day with my family.  Maybe sometime soon Peter will let his grandma and grandpa hold him for more than 5 minutes before he starts making "you're not my momma or poppa" sad faces.

This has been a busy week, I also went in to work for more than a few minutes for the first time since Peter was born.  I had Peter with me since Jason was working and Peter isn't happy being left with anyone else yet.  We weren't sure how it was going to work out but there was some stuff that I needed to be there to take care of and we figured we'd just see how it went.  I just held him in his sling all day as I puttered around fixing the computers and whatnot and he just had a blast watching me.  Our only incident was at the end of the day when I left him with a coworker while I went to the bathroom.  Apparently he was happy for about a minute but then he realized he was with a stranger and I was gone and he started bawling.  All in all, he was fantastic and the other ladies were very impressed with how patient and happy he was all day long and they had fun getting to play with the adorable smiley baby. 

I enjoyed seeing everyone again but I really really love the fact that most of the work I do for the clinic I can do from home.  That's a long drive to have to make often for work, especially with a baby.

All right, Peter is finally ready for bed.  I think I may even get a chance to get our Christmas pictures posted this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment