Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Snapshot - 7 months

I got this idea from another  blog I've been reading lately and it struck me as a wonderfully fun idea.  The point, of course, is just like a photo, just another way of helping us remember down the road some of those little things that we are so prone to forgetting.  I've no idea how frequently I'll be doing this, but as he sits on my hip watching me type, I just want to capture everything I can.

What he is saying:
  • Blowing lots of very wet raspberries, frequently accompanied by projectile drool.
  • "Plah" & "Bwah" no apparent meaning, just trying out his tongue and mouth shape apparently.
  • VERY excited squeals and grunts when Daddy appears after work or after being elsewhere for an extended period.  (Similar excitement when a cat appears unexpectededly as well, though not as consistently.)
  • Groans while being walked to sleep, sometimes while nursing to sleep as well.  The louder he gets, the closer to completely crashing.

What he loves doing:
  • Tasting EVERYTHING.  Except food.  Go figure.
  • Scrolling the mousewheel on Daddy's mouse.  It clicks!
  • Chew on the TV remotes.  Extra fun when he changes the channel or volume while Daddy's watching.
What I am loving about him:
  • Absolutely everything?
  • The dozen hairs scattered over his head that are 10 times longer than the rest of his hair.
  • The way he feels snuggled in my arms after nursing to sleep.
  • His great big belly laugh when he's happy.

Some of his quirks:
  • When he's tired and nursing down if he has to pee/poop he gets a look in his eye and a little half grin and then bites my nipple.
  • In order to prevent me from removing said nipple SMASHES face into breast (often accompanied by a raspberry).
  • When he's being held one of his ways of letting us know he wants to nurse is by licking our shoulders.
What I want to remember from today:
  • The look of peace and contentment on his face when I went in to find him awake after breakfast and the way his face lit up when he saw me.

No comments:

Post a Comment