Saturday, June 11, 2011

Grandma and Grandpa come to play!

Grandma and Grandpa came and had a wonderful visit yesterday. We had a blast playing in the park and Peter had so much fun showing off his walking and talking skills. We got a new word too! "Catch" Last week I played catch with him for quite a while and he had a blast but I forgot all about that until he started throwing his ball yesterday and every time he threw it he said "gah-sch!" The two parts of the word were very distinct and oh so cute.

He walked all around the place holding Gramma's hand and had a grand old time, she still wasn't allowed to actually pick him up though. He was also very helpful when she wanted to try to take some pictures of him. I think he ended up taking more pictures of the grass and her jacket than she managed to get of him. I rather love the shot I got of the two of them taking a picture though.

Grampy was there and played with us a bit but he kinda melted in the sunshine and slept for most of it. I love the picture of him sleeping on the hill, it reminds me so much of when I was a kid and we'd be playing around him and he'd be trying to stay awake but just not succeding convincingly.

My mom also brought Peter the ferret and Peter had a ball playing with him but that play is really hard to photograph. I tried but I mostly got little blurry flashes and butts sticking in the air as Peter peers under whatever the ferret is checking out. They seem to enjoy playing together though and it is such fun to watch.






Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment